A reverse fishtail braid is not as difficult as it may seem. It is actually the inverted version of a regular fishtail braid. The Dutch braid to the French braid, if you want. This tutorial will show you how to create a fun new way to carry your favorite fishing tail. Upside down and in French or rather Dutch braided style. It’s super stylish and super trendy at the moment, so I hope you try it!
Do not forget to tag @missysueblog and #missysuehair on Instagram so I can see your recovery of looks!
Inverted Fishtail Braid Updo:
- Step 1 / Start by cutting off a section of hair from a right side panel to the left ear.
- Step 2 / Clip the front part out of the way to use later.
- Step 3 / Make a second part on the other side of the head, and cut it off as well.
- Step 4 / Separate another section of hair from the top of the ears to the back of the head and tie it with a transparent rubber band.
- Step 5 / Tie the rest of the hair in a second ponytail just below the first one.
- Step 6 / Clip the upper ponytail out of the way to work with the lower one.
- Step 7 / Rotate the lower ponytail, then take a small piece of hair and push the rest of the hair upwards to create a larger turn.
- Step 8 / Wrap the hair around the hair band to form a bun and pin it down.
- Step 9 / Lower the upper ponytail and divide it into two halves, top and bottom.
- Step 10 / Click the top half out of the way.
- Step 11 / Turn the lower half and repeat step 7.
- Step 12 / Then wrap the hair around the top of the hair band and the right side of the head so that it goes to the first bun that was created.
- Step 13 / Fix the hair so that it fits flat against the head.
- Step 14 / Take the top half of the ponytail attached above and repeat steps 11 to 13 so that the hair is also wrapped and fixed.
- Step 15 / Now leave the front part of the hair on the left side.
- Step 16 / Make an inverted fishtail headband braid and place it over the top of the knot by pinning it.
- Step 17 / Then leave the hair on the right side, which was fixed, and turn the hair upwards.
- Step 18 / Place the twist over the top of the bun and pin it down.
- Step 19 / Finish by flattening all hairspray overloads and even adding your favorite clip if you want.